Chocolate is a magical ingredient usually eaten when happy and celebrating.
By: Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 1 medium cake
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 125ml butter, softened
- 1 cup dark sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup (125ml) full cream milk
- 1 cup strong coffee
- Dark chocolate sauce to serve
- Fresh strawberries to decorate
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and essence. Sift in flour and cocoa.
- Gently stir in milk and coffee. Pour into a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 40–45minutes. Leave to cool.
- Pour chocolate sauce on top and place strawberries over it.