Singer and businesswoman, Miranda Ntshangase has been in a relationship with her husband for 11 years even though they’ve been married for five years. She chats to us about falling in love, getting married to her prince charming and living her happily-ever-after.
- How did you meet your husband?
I met my husband on a night out with the girls. He came along with one of my friends at that time. When I met him he intrigued me, he is a very quiet person by nature.
2. What made you fall in love with him?
What made me fall in love with him is his presence in a room – he commands authority effortlessly and he is very manly. Oh and his moves on the dance floor are quite something!
3. How do you complement one another?
We complement each other in so many beautiful ways. My husband is very calm and collected – whereas I am very quick to jump to conclusions. I am also quick to anger – which I working on. He thinks things through before he gives feedback or even enter a debate of any sort. We are two totally different people but it somehow works really well. I am telling you this man was definitely made for me.
4. What are some of the challenges that you’ve experienced in your marriage and how did you overcome them?
Some of the challenges we have experienced in our marriage is communication, maintaining mutual respect for one another, dealing with the sense of entitlement among many other things. It sounds simple but it is not. We work on them every day.
5. Share your 5 secrets to a successful marriage
- Respect your spouse.
- Always affirm your spouse in everything that he/she does and be your spouse’s number one cheerleader.
- Communicate clearly.
- Always make time for quality time, especially when you have kids.
- Keep the flames of romance and sex alive.
6. How important is it to have counsellors or elders to advise you in your marriage?
A great and married marriage counsellor is always a must in a marriage.
7. What are your hopes and dreams for your marriage?
My hopes and dreams for my marriage is that we continue to love and respect one another It sounds cliché but trust me it is easy to lose this. I want to grow old with this man – I want to know that at 80, he will still find my shriveled butt attractive and vice versa.