After nine years of South Africa being led by a president who was accused of many things including corruption and rape, the winds of change are blowing over Mzansi.
With the new President Cyril Ramaphosa being sworn in, the country has taken a keen interest in his wife and the new first lady of South Africa, Dr Tshepo Motsepe. She’s intelligent, educated, talented and well accomplished. She’s our kind of #BlackGirlMagic and the epitome of #BlackExcellence. We share interesting facts in celebration of Mzansi’s new queen.
- She was born in Soweto.
- She’s a mother of three.
- She’s the third wife to Cyril Ramaphosa and they have been married for many years.
- She is well educated and graduated from the University of KwaZulu-Natal with her Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB).
- She is a well respected medical doctor who holds numerous titles within the medical industry.
- Her accolades know no bounds. She’s a Non-executive director of Wits Health Consortium and Wits Hospice Patron South African Civil Society for Women’s Adolescents and Children’s Health.
- She’s a member of South Africa’s wealthiest families, the Motsepes.
- Her brother is none other than mining billionaire Patrice Motsepe.
- Her sister, Bridgette Radebe is a businesswoman who is married to Minister in the Presidency, Jeff Radebe.