Dreadlocks are twisted coils of hair that mould and take shape as they grow. Actress Samkelo Ndlovu has gorgeous locks and is not afraid to chop and change them to suit her mood. Night care for your locks will help keep them strong and healthy.
- Locks need to be covered like any other hairstyle, primarily because they need the moisture.
- Covering your locks will also prevent them picking up lint and anything else while you are sleeping.
- Locks shed tips and coils generally, and this increases while sleeping.
- Wearing a scarf to sleep will help protect the edges of the hairline, prevent friction and also help keep your bed tidy.
- Avoid over twisting your locks at night as this will make your hair regrowth fragile.
- Always trim the ends of your dreadlocks to prevent them from shedding, which generally increases while sleeping.