By: Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Pictures: Dylan Swart
Treat the family to this easy to make but scrumptious breakfast treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5–6 minutes
- 2 cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups (375ml) full cream milk
- ½ cup (125ml) margarine
- Mixed berries, for serving
- Mint leaves, for serving
- Pomegranate seeds, for serving
- Syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl mix, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk and margarine.
3. Pour over dried ingredients. Mix well to form soft batter.
4. Ladle the batter into a lightly greased waffle machine. Cook waffles until golden.
5. Serve with mixed berries, mint leaves, pomegranate seeds and golden syrup.