Enjoy this delicious and tangy lemon coconut cake by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) lemon essence
- ½ cup coconut
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) full cream milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) butter, melted
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Lemon zest, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Sift flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add coconut and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, eggs, essence and butter. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased oven dish, and bake for 40–45 minutes.
- Serve warm with lemon slices and zest.