Thandiswa Mazwai, aka ‘King Tha’ will be performing at Emerald Resort & Casino on Tuesday, 8 August 2017 for #OneNightWith. Women’s Day is the very next day, making it the ideal night out to experience one of South Africa’s finest female contemporary singers.
“Emerald Resort & Casino will once again be hosting one of South Africa’s leading AfroSoul female singers in August,” says Emerald Resort & Casino’s Marketing Executive, Tanuja Gangabishun. “King Tha has certainly made a name for herself since she started singing in 1998 with Bongo Maffin.”
“Based on the previous successes of our brand ‘One Night With’, we booked Thandiswa to perform her latest music. We know that our visitors will be most appreciative of this popular singer and her support acts,” says Leolize Naidoo, Events Manager at Emerald Resort & Casino.
Thandiswa went solo in 2004 with her debut album Zabalaza, which went double platinum and won numerous awards. Today her compositions include traditional Xhosa rhythms, mbaqanga, reggae, funk, kwaito and jazz while melding traditional with modern and rural with urban.
As August is Women’s Month, the show has an all female line-up that includes Kelly Khumalo as the opening act, local DJ, Chainz and favourite SABC2 presenter, BA Nhlapo as MC.
Tickets are available from Computicket and are priced at R250 (regular seating) and R500 golden circle seating. Doors open at 18h00 and the show commences at 20h00. All tickets purchased are entered into a lucky draw where the winner will enjoy a stay for two at the 4-star Emerald Hotel on the night of the show which includes the Hotel’s, now famous, buffet breakfast. The winner will be drawn on 30 June 2017 and announced on Emerald Resort & Casino’s Social Media platforms.
“Previous Emerald Resort & Casino One Night With shows sold out early and many golden circle tickets have already been sold out, so plan ahead,” concludes Gangabishun. “Book tickets now, book accommodation with us and enjoy the show.”
To win a ticket for yourself and a partner, simply follow us on Twitter and then fill in the form below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Competition closes on the 22nd of June 2017.
- There is a limit of five entries per user.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email on the 23rd of June 2017.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition is open for Johannesburg residents only.
- Transport is not included
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.