Having the right gear in your gym bag will ensure a productive workout session. Here are a few must-haves to make sure that your workout goes as smoothly as possible:
1. The right clothes. Choose lightweight, quick-drying and well-fitted clothing. Trade your cotton clothing for synthetics that are designed to draw moisture away from the skin to ensure optimal evaporation.
2. Reliable shoes. It is important to find the right shoes for your type of training – whether a boxer, runner, cyclist or lifter. Sufficient support can contribute to stability and alleviate pressure on your back and knees.
SEE ALSO: How To Rock Sneakers Outside Gym
3. Music and earphones. Training to music is a personal preference. Some people enjoy the silence while others find that music motivates them. Train to the music you like, and create a personalised playlist suited to your routine. Your headphones and earphones should fit comfortably and be light.
4. A pre-workout snack. Eat a light meal at least two hours before your workout. If you’re short on time, a snack just before your session will do.
SEE ALSO: 5 Ways to be more active without the gym
5. Something to drink. Water is non-negotiable because you have to be hydrated. If you don’t usually drink it, an infuser water bottle will encourage you as you can add your favourite flavour.
6. Towel. Get a compact, durable towel that provides maximum sweat absorption. Ideally, get one with a small pocket and zip; it is useful to keep your phone or important belongings inside and with you at all times.