Our food editor, Ntwenhle Gcabashe shows you how to make your own pasta from the comfort of your home.
Pictures: Dylan Swart
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) oil
1. In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Make a well and add eggs and oil. Mix to form a stiff dough.
2. Transfer onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8–10 minutes or until well combined. Divide into 4 balls and set aside for 25–30 minutes.
3. Roll out balls to desired thinness. Cut into strips with a sharp knife.
4. Boil water in a large saucepan, and add pasta. Cook for 8–10 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with a sauce of your choice.