The only thing better than fresh garlic bread is homemade garlic bread. And now you can whip some up in a flash with this easy recipe by Ntwenhle Gcabashe.
Prep time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 5 cups bread flour
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10g instant yeast
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) margarine
- ½ cup (125ml) warm water
- Chicken curry, for serving
- Micro leaves, for serving
- Sift flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add garlic, margarine and water. Knead for 8–10 minutes. Cover with a kitchen cloth and place in a warm place for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Place onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2–3 minutes or until dough returns to original size.
- Place into a lightly greased baking tin. Cover with kitchen towel and set aside for 20 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake for 50–60 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with chicken curry and micro leaves.