Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1.2kg boneless beef chuck, cut into 2–3cm pieces
- ¼ cup cake flour
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 500g baby onions, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups (1.5ℓ) beef stock
- Handful thyme leaves
- 500g FATTI’S & MONI’S Elbow Macaroni
- Salt and pepper
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Toss beef through the flour until fully covered. Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan, over medium-high heat. Fry in batches for about 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat another splash of oil and sauté carrots and onions for 3 minutes. Stir through garlic and tomato paste.
- Add beef and pour enough stock to just cover the ingredients. Cook for about 1 hour 10 minutes, or until beef is tender. Adjust with extra stock as necessary throughout cooking time. Stir-in thyme.
- Meanwhile, cook FATTI’S & MONI’S Elbow Macaroni as per packet instructions and serve with beef stew.