Your skin needs a break from make-up to allow it to breathe and keep fresh. Our celebrities are seen on most occasions with make-up, and we cannot help but wonder how their skin looks like without it. Best Body Skin somatologist Jaaminique Chummie shares ways to take care of your skin to keep it fresh, clear and healthy with or without make-up.
- Avoid drinking cold water because your skin cells can’t accept it. Warm water functions better in the body.
- What you eat will always show on your face, so keep it healthy by including protein, healthy carbs, fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Steam your vegetables; don’t boil them as the water you throw out contains all the nutrients needed.
- Avoid using soap when washing your face because it strips the skin of the oil layer it needs. Always use a cleanser designed for the skin.
- Exfoliate your skin two to three times a week and not every day. Exfoliating everyday will irritate the skin and cause a breakout.
- Always use products with SPF to help protect your skin against the sun – no matter the season.
Here are some of our favourite ladies who have healthy skin:
Khanyi has great glowing skin and is known for her love of red lipstick and false lashes.
Minnie has great acne-free skin and has mastered the art of fuller lips with lipstick and lip liner.
Ms Thema is a TV star who gives her skin a time to breathe when she is not in front of the camera.
Pearl has great even tone skin. We can’t help but be jealous!
Thando is an ambassador for a leading face care range and we can see why. Her skin is hydrated, clear and healthy.
Thembi is one lady who doesn’t seem to be ageing. The songstress has a plush face full of light.