This salad is a great lunch idea for vegetarians, or the perfect accompaniment at your dinner table.
Serves 4 – EASY 20 minutes
100g (1 packet) walnuts
3 sprigs of spring onion, finely sliced
100g (1 packet) dried cranberries
150g baby leaf salad
100g wild rocket
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Cut the halloumi into thick slices and pat it dry.
- Apply a generous amount of Spray and Cook to a large frying pan. Over medium heat, grill the halloumi sticks until golden and soft. Remove the halloumi from the pan, add some more Spray and Cook, then add the walnuts and toss until lightly toasted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the spring onions, cranberries, baby leaf salad and wild rocket, and toss to combine. Season well.
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice well.
- Lift the salad mixture gently into a serving bowl and top with the halloumi slices, then pour over the olive oil mixture. Sprinkle with the walnuts and serve with crusty bread and extra lemon if required.