Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
FOR THE BEETROOT RAITA
- 1 small beetroot, peeled
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Bulgarian yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
FOR THE BACON PATTIES
- 500g beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- handful parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) Worcester sauce
- 250g ENTERPRISE Streaky Bacon
- sunflower oil, for frying
FOR THE BURGERS
- 250g halloumi, sliced
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) caramelized onion
- 1 avocado, sliced
- baby salad leaves, to serve
- 4 ciabatta rolls, cut open and toasted
- For the raita, grate the beetroot and squeeze excess water out. Add remaining ingredients. Season.
- For the patties, combine the mince, onion, garlic, parsley and Worcester sauce. Season. Shape into 4 patties. Wrap 4 rashers of ENTERPRISE Streaky Bacon around each patty so that the ends overlap on the underside.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan on medium, place the patties, underside down, and fry until golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side for about 5 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- For the burgers, heat another splash of oil in the same pan on medium high and fry the halloumi for about 2 minute each side until heated through. Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Serve the patties, halloumi, caramelized onion, avo, leaves and raita sandwiched between toasted ciabatta rolls