Blanching is a cooking process used to keep vegetables fresh and crunchy. Simply put the veggies in boiling water for a few minutes, remove and immediately put them in ice water to stop cooking.
FOUR BEAN SALAD
- 3-4 cups green beans, blanched
- 3 cups white beans, cooked
- 2 cups red beans, cooked
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 2 large green peppers, sliced.
- In a salad bowl, combine 3 different beans, onions and pepper.
- In a jug, whisk the dressing ingredients too.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad and serve immediately.