Scores of people from across the country flock to Durban every year for the annual, Durban July. This year, we’re looking forward to seeing how our celebs will bring their A-game. Here’s a Flashback of the 2017 Durban July slayage and who looked sizzling.
By: Ayanda Ngcobo
1. Our 2016 June cover star, Thuso Mbedu was beautiful in this combination of sequins and mesh.
2. Jessica Nkosi was picturesque in a rose embellished tulle gown.
3. Nadia Nakai served royal glam with an edgy twist in a velvet thigh slit gown with statement gold embellishment.
4. Amanda du-Pont was glammed up in an off-shoulder tartan and floral print creation.
5. We adored both Nomuzi’s dresses. Sexy, on-trend and edgy.
6. Dineo Moeketsi had three outfit changes and they were all great. That being said, she was especially magical in the peach dress!
7. Ayanda Thabethe was faultless in a fitted silver floor length gown. The clean makeup and hair was a good choice as it made her dress pop.
8. Tira and his wife Gugu complemented each other well in champagne hues and eye catching prints.
9. We absolutely loved this look on Bontle Modiselle. She served African queen vibes with a modern edge.
10. Fierce in a gold jumpsuit, yes Khanya Mkangisa! Yes!
11. Blue Mbombo wowed in her outfit.
12. Amanda Black opted for this colourful NN Vintage dress.
13. Mbali Nkosi’s gown did all the right things. It was creative, well fitted and the colour looked great on her.
14. Samkelo Ndlovu slayed in this simple yet striking black number.
15. Thembi Seete went with monochrome and she was fierce.
16. Khanyi Mbau’s outfit was perfection. She thought out of the box without trying too hard and everything about it just worked.
17. Thando Thabethe was striking in head-to-toe red!
18. Kelly Khumalo absolutely stunned in cobalt blue. She is fast becoming one of our favourites when it comes to red carpet events.
19. Linda Mtoba served Grecian princess vibes. The blonde hair was a bold choice but it worked.
20. Lootlove was a flames is this mini dress. This is without a doubt one of the best looks we’ve seen on her thus far. She was fire!
21. Basestana Khumalo was colourful in shades of pink and jewel encrusted detailing.
22. Glitz and glam was the order of the day for Chichi Letswalo.
23. Gigi Lamayne played with cuts and proportions in a striking yellow ensemble.
24. Dineo Ranaka and Masechaba Ndlovu incorporated beading and floral appliques to their respective outfits to make them pop.
25. Julius Malema and his wife Mantwa Matlala mixed shades of blue in a navy suit and aqua dress.