The spotlight was shining on Durban this past Saturday as the who’s who of the industry took to the black carpet for the awards. Here is a rundown of who wore what.
By: Ayanda Ngcobo
1. Arthur Mafokate was dapper in a black suit.
2. Boity showed off her amazing body in this trendy velvet dress.
3. Queen B served us black and gold elegance.
4. Loved this look on Cassper Nyovest – so stylish and fresh.
5. Dj Tira also went the all-black route. His embellished loafers were a nice touch.
6. Jessica Nkosi flashed some skin in a cut-out number.
And my nails by @misssalonsa ??#Love ?… Thank you so much to @zamazarth and @zarth_designs for creating this beautiful dress for me. I love your attention to detail and your love for what you do always comes through in your gowns. Thank you for trusting me with this gorgeous gorgeous piece ??????… love love love you guys ??? #ZarthDesigns #JessicaNkosi #PicBy ?: @eddgodson
7. Kelly Khumalo popped in purple. Her dress was sexy and feminine – a great combination.
8. We weren’t blown away by Khanya Mkangisa’s outfit choice. The dress was too complicated with a mixture of detail. Sadly it failed to come together.
9. Khanyi Mbau absolutely stunned in blush pink. One of our best looks of the night.
10. Lerato Kganyago left us very underwhelmed in a suit and overpowering accessories.
11. Letoya was regal in a purple floor length gown and the gold accessories complemented the dress perfectly.
12. We would’ve preferred to see Linda in something fun and youthful. Her gown was outdated and overwhelming.
13. Lulo Café and the Naked DJ were simple yet well put together.
14. Luthando Shosha slayed in a cut-out gown. The detailed design was interesting and eye-catching.
15. The Major League DJz gave us a twinning look with a twist. It was refreshing to see them not dressed identically, but still matching.
16. There was just too much happening with Mo Flava’s outfit; we weren’t feeling it.
17. Yes Nadia, yes! She looked gorgeous on the carpet.
18. Natasha Thahane’s dress was a great choice.
19. Nhlanhla Nciza and Theo complemented each other well in black and white.
20. Nomzamo Mbatha was a queen in green and gold. She was simply faultless.
21. Ntando Duma was stunning in a deep plunging gown.
22. We weren’t too fond of Pearl Modiadie’s dress, but the colour was beautiful.
23. Riky Rick was all things colourful. We can’t fault his unapologetic and out-of-the-box style.
24. Sinazo Yolwa left us confused. The dress could’ve done without the extra fabric and cross-over belt detail.
25. Somizi always puts in the extra effort when it comes to his clothing, be it on or off the carpet. This was another example of standout style, keep it up Somgaga!
26. Thando Thabethe was all things glamorous in a black frock.
27. Thuli Phongolo radiated in yellow. From her make-up to accessories, she stood out as one of our best dressed at the event.
28. We were in two minds about Unathi’s outfit. The top half was stunning but then she lost us with the feathered skirt. The pieces just didn’t match.