The BET Awards took place yesterday and here’s who we spotted winning on the red carpet.
By: Ayanda Ngcobo
1.SuperMega dripped swag in designer threads. His look was trendy without being forced.
2. Black Coffee and Mbali Mlotshwa were magic. They both rocked jewel tones and took the slayage game to another level. Yeessss!!!
A photo posted by Enhle mbali Mlotshwa (@enhlembali_) on
3. Sadly Queen B left us underwhelmed. She usually makes quite a statement on the red carpet but this outfit didn’t do anything for our fashion senses.
4. Eva Marcille served legs for days. She was all kinds of body goals in that number!!
A photo posted by Eva Marcille (@evamarcille) on
5. Fantasia was red carpet ready in a sheer skin tight number. It shaped her figure in all the right places.
6. There’s no in between with Gabrielle Union, she either gets it totally right or horribly wrong and unfortunately this time she got it horribly wrong.
A photo posted by Gabrielle Union-Wade (@gabunion) on
7. Never one to fade into the background Janelle Monae was striking in a black and white two piece.
8. Karrueche is yet to put a foot wrong in our eyes. She knows what works and how to make a statement without coming off as trying too hard.
A photo posted by News With A Side of Tea (@thacelebriteanews) on
9. Meagan Good left us green with envy in a cut-out number.
10. Nandi Mngoma was sheer black girl magic. She was flawless and we loved every part of her look.
@nandimngoma wore a signature black and white dress from her upcoming clothing line to the #betawards2016 red carpet! #instafashion #style #instastyle #fashionbombdaily #celebritystyle #fashion #nandimngoma #betawards2016
A photo posted by Fashion Bomb Daily (@fashionbombdaily) on
11. Tia Mowry’s dress left us confused and overwhelmed. We could see the vision behind it and really wanted to like it but there was just too much going on.
12. Tracee Ellis Ross who was a co-host for the awards ceremony looked fierce and fabulous in snakeskin.
A photo posted by ATF (@allthingsfiery_atf) on
13. Alicia Keys gave off a slightly frumpy vibe in her jumpsuit. She chose to go makeup free and mesmerised us with her natural beauty.