Last night the Annual Met Gala, an event held to celebrate the opening of the Costume Institute’s Annual Show, took place. It was held at the Metropolitan Museum in New York City. Known for showcasing over-the-top interpretations of fashion, and with the theme being “Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons”, the who’s who of international celebs took to the red carpet in style – feast your eyes!
By: Ayanda Ngcobo
1. Cassie and P. Diddy resembled an intergalactic dream in black attire with streaks of silver and embellished detailing.
2. Chrissy Teigan and John Legend always slay on the red carpet, and this occasion was no different.
3. Halle Berry glistened in sheer black and gold.
4. Jaden Smith looked fresh and clean while showing off his new haircut. We were a bit confused by him bringing along his dreadlocks, however. #scratcheshead
5. The queen of rocking black & white, Janelle Monáe pulled off another over-the-top gown and displayed perfection.
6. J.Lo didn’t impress. This event prides itself in expressive couture, but she chose to keep it simple. As a result, she fell to the bottom of our best dressed list.
7. Jourdan Dunn played with shapes and cuts while Future kept it sleek in navy and black.
8. Loved the hair and mix of texture in the dress. Kerry Washington looked chic and fashion forward.
9. Lala Anthony brought her A-game in a sheer black number – the definition of fierce glamour.
10. Lupita Nyong’o was fresh and elegant in orange.
11. Mary J. Blige brought sexy back with ease in a thigh-high slit gown.
12. Michael B. Jordan ticked all the right boxes in a tartan print double-breasted suit.
13. Nicki Minaj is no stranger to taking risk on the red carpet, and as a result she pulled off this number effortlessly.
14. Yes to Pharrell’s on-trend jacket but no to his wife Helen’s outfit choice.
15. Priyanka Chopra was everything is in a super sexy update of the trench coat. This was one of our favourite looks of the night.
16. Rihanna’s outfit left us overwhelmed and confused.
17. Another favourite of the night, Rita Ora took our breath away.
18. Serena Williams kept it feminine in a jewel toned gown.
19. Solange resembled an astronaut in this outfit. She’s all about pushing boundaries when it comes to style but this didn’t hit the mark.
20. Yes Tracee yes!! Absolutely stunning.
21. Wiz Khalifa was all about 90’s cool in black and white.
22. Zendaya gave us tropical vibes in a parrot print dress and big hair. Loved this look on her.
23. Zoe Kravitz was a dream in satin pink gown with floral detailing. She looked so fresh and gorgeous.