Ntwenhle Gcabashe shows you how to make fluffy pancakes in a few simple steps. Photography by: Dylan Swart
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ cup (375ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) orange juice
- 1 egg
- Butter, for frying
- Granadilla pulp, for serving
- Cream, for serving
- Mint leaves, for serving
- In a large bowl mix flour, castor sugar and salt.
- In a jug whisk milk, oil, orange juice and egg. Pour over dry mixture. Mix well to form soft batter.
- Heat butter in a pan. Pour the batter and fry for 2–3 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Serve with granadilla pulp, cream and mint leaves.