This fresh new take on the creamy prawn pasta will delight your tastebuds
By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups prawns
- 3 cups spaghetti, cooked
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vodka
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato puree
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- Fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add prawns. Fry for 4–5 minutes.
- Add paprika, vodka, tomato puree and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until it slightly thickens.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.