Our Food Editor Ntwenhle Gcabashe shows how to make this flavourful Creamy Peri-Peri Chicken Livers with pasta meal. Pictures Dylan Swart
Creamy Peri-Peri Chicken Livers with Pasta
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- 500g chicken livers, cleaned
- 250g FATTI’S & MONI’S Gnocchi Pasta Shells
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon peri-peri spice
- ½ 410g can tomato puree
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a splash of oil and butter over medium-high. Fry livers for about 5 minutes, or until golden but still pink inside. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté onion, garlic and peri-peri spice for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Season. Add tomato puree, cream and sweet chilli, and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, cook FATTI’S & MONI’S Gnocchi Pasta Shells as per packet instructions.
- Add livers to the sauce and heat through. Sprinkle parsley and serve with pasta.