Our Food Editor Ntwenhle Gcabashe shows you how to make this tasty creamy mushroom and pasta dish in the comfort of your own home. Pictures Dylan Swart
Creamy Mushroom and Pasta
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 cups spaghetti, cooked
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large frying pan, heat butter and fry garlic, onion and bacon until soft.
SEE ALSO: 3 quick meals for cold nights
2. Add mushrooms, cook for 8–10 minutes until soft.
3. Add smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, coriander and cream. Cook until thickens.
SEE ALSO: How to make your own pasta
4. Add spaghetti. Mix well and sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.