Enjoy this mouthwatering creamy coconut chicken stew by Ntwenhle Gcabashe Pictures Dylan Swart
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and cooked
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- handful parsley, finely chopped
- Grilled asparagus, for serving
- Mashed butternut, for serving
- Blanched peas, for serving
- Mixed herbs, for serving
- In a large pan, fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add chicken thighs and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook until tender.
- Add coconut cream and parsley. Cook until slightly thickened. Serve with asparagus, butternut, peas and herbs.