Don’t let your leftover food go to waste – turn them into something delicious and tasteful the following day.
By: Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Picture: Dylan Swart
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 2 cups chopped Russian sausages
- 3 cups white sauce
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying
- In a bowl, mix couscous, sausages, sauce and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make small balls with mixture. Dip into beaten egg, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.