Rapper and TV presenter Nomuzi Mabena shares her simple; yet full of flavour and easy to prepare creamy chicken curry.
By: Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Pics: Peter Whitfield
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) thick cream
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegetables and rice to serve
- Fry onion and garlic in a frying pan.
- Add chicken and fry for 8–10 minutes.
- Add curry and tomato paste. Add peppers and stir fry for another 3–5 minutes.
- Add cream and cook until slightly thick. Add coriander and season well.
- Serve with rice and vegetable???
Getting to know Nomuzi’s kitchen habits.
- Is there anything that our readers don’t know about you when it comes to food?
- Yes, I think some do not know that I am a very good cook. I love trying new dishes.
- What dish did you cook for the first time and enjoyed cooking
- Mopani worms.
- Which ingredients can’t you cook without?
- Garlic and fresh herbs
- What is your favourite snack?
- I love savoury food, especially cheese. I can leave on cheese only!