Make your next rice dish interesting with this colourful rice by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups parboiled rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 cups butternut, cubed and roasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried apricot, chopped
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced avocado, for serving
- Lime slices, for serving
- Sliced almond nuts, for serving
- Heat oil and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add curry powder, yellow pepper, butternut, cranberries, apricot, parsley and rice, and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with avocado, lime and nuts.