If you love bread and cinnamon then you’ll love Cinnamon bread. It’s fresh, nutritious and easy to make. By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 4–5 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed spices
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 cup castor sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (250ml) warm milk
- ½ cup ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- ½ cup castor sugar for sprinkling
- 1 egg for brushing
- Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
3. Add liquid eggs, butter and milk. Mix well and knead for 8–10 minutes. Cover with a kitchen cloth and leave to double in size.
SEE ALSO: Quick and easy cinnamon rolls
4. Roll out onto a floured surface. Mix cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle on dough and roll to form long sausage shape.
SEE ALSO: Easy to make cinnamon doughnuts
5. Cut in the middle and form flower shape.
6. Brush with egg and bake for 45–50 minutes.
7. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.