Satisfy any sweet craving with this yummy and delightful chocolate honeycomb by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons bicarbonate of soda
- Chocolate sauce, for serving
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat castor sugar, water and maple syrup. Let it dissolve. Do not stir. Cook for 15–20 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from heat.
- Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Once it has stopped foaming up, immediately pour the mixture onto the prepared baking tray. Let it cool.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Cut with knife, and serve.