Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delectable treat.
By: Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Picture: Andrea Caldwell
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 4 egg whites
- 1½ cups castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 cups cream, whipped
- 2 cups white chocolate sauce
- 2 cups cherries
- Handful mint leaves, for serving
- 1 cup (250ml) strawberry coulis, for serving
- Preheat oven to 150˚ Line tray with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peak stage for about 10–12 minutes. Gradually add sugar in small amounts and beat well after each addition. Continue until thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in vanilla, vinegar, corn starch. Spoon and spread mixture onto baking paper to form small circles.
- Bake for 1 hour, and leave to cool down.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream for 8–10 minutes until firm. Fold in chocolate sauce. Spoon and spread over Pavlova.
- Top with cherries and mint leaves. Drizzle with coulis, and serve.