Looking to make a quick and easy meal to make? Look no further than this delicious cheesy meatball rolls recipe by our Food Editor Ntwenhle Gcabashe. Pictures Dylan Swart
Cheesy Meatball Rolls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups minced meat
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 rolls
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Worcester sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups tomato passata
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- Fresh coriander, for serving
SEE ALSO: Chicken Meatballs
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil.
2. Mix minced meat, spring onion, garlic, Worcester sauce and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add egg, and mix.
4. Form small meatballs and place into an oven dish. Pour tomato passata on top and bake for 15–20 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Cut the top part of the rolls. Spoon meatballs and sauce inside. Sprinkle with cheeses and add tomatoes. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
6. Serve with coriander leaves.