Looking to make a quick and easy meal to make? Look no further than this delicious cheesy meatball rolls recipe by our Food Editor Ntwenhle Gcabashe. Pictures Dylan Swart
Cheesy Meatball Rolls
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 cups minced meat
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 rolls
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Worcester sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups tomato passata
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- Fresh coriander, for serving
SEE ALSO: Chicken Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil.
- Mix minced meat, spring onion, garlic, Worcester sauce and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add egg, and mix.
- Form small meatballs and place into an oven dish. Pour tomato passata on top and bake for 15–20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut the top part of the rolls. Spoon meatballs and sauce inside. Sprinkle with cheeses and add tomatoes. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with coriander leaves.