Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
- 300g FATTI’S & MONI’S Gnocchi Pasta
FOR THE CHAKALAKA
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) mild curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) smoked paprika
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes easy
FOR THE CHOPS
- 4 pork loin chops
- Shisha Nyama spice, for sprinkling
- Cook the FATTI’S & MONI’S Gnocchi Pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, for the chakalaka, heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan over medium and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Stir in the curry, garlic, thyme and paprika and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage, carrot and peppers and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add baked beans and cook for 3 minutes. Season.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium high, season the chops with the spice and fry for about 5 minutes each side until golden and cooked
through. Serve the chakalaka on the pasta with the chops