Valentine’s Day is a special day for lovers. But, you can still enjoy it even if you are single. By Mmasibidi Setaka
Image: Stock Images
Valentine’s Day is a special day to many couples and most go out of their way to show their partners how much they love them. However, single women always feel left out. We offer some budget-friendly ideas for you and your friends.
1. Make it a movie night – Watch a chick flick movie with your friends or have a movie marathon in the comfort of your home.
2. Spoil yourself – Get yourself that red lipstick or shoes you have been dying for.
3. Catch up on series – Grab a bottle of your favourite wine, stay indoors and catch up on the series you did not have time to watch.
4. Relax at a spa – Go to a beauty spa and get pampered. You deserve it!
5. Take a break from social media – Forget about social media, just for a day. Seeing photos of couples having a blast will depress you, especially your ex’s.
6. Enjoy a cheat treat – Forget about dieting; get that ice cream, slab of chocolate, pizza or frozen yoghurt.
7. Spread the love from above – Do something nice for someone else and just spread love. You will feel good afterwards.
8. Family matters – Cook a nice meal for your family. Or, even better, have a braai or go for a picnic with your girls.
9. Give yourself some love – Do anything that makes you happy and content.