Great for a light dinner, try this filling bean recipe and you’ll be done in a flash.
CANNELLINI BEANS AND PORK SAUSAGE
- 8-9 cups cannellini white beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1kg pork sausages, cooked and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Soak the beans overnight and rinse with cold water before using.
- In a saucepan, cook the beans for 2-3 hours, or until soft.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Add the onions and garlic. Fry until soft.
- Add paprika, tomatoes and the beans. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Finish with the coriander and sausages. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve immediately.