Perfect anytime of the day, and whether you like them savoury or sweet, waffles are also quick and easy to make. Whip up something cool for breakfast with these breakfast waffles by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 4–5 minutes
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250ml) full cream milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) butter, melted
- Baked beans, for serving
- Grilled tomatoes, for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Micro leaves, for serving
- In a bowl, sift flour, castor sugar and salt.
- In a jug whisk milk, egg, essence and butter. Pour over dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Spoon and spread the mixture into a pre-heated waffle machine. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Serve with baked beans, tomatoes, syrup and micro leaves.