Prep time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour Serves: 6
- 12 slices ALBANY Superior Brown Bread
- soft butter, for spreading
- 410g tin baked beans
- 200g crisp Enterprise Bits-O-Bacon
- 6 eggs
- 200g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Handful basil
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Spread the ALBANY Superior Brown Bread slices with butter. Place a bread slice butter-side down into a jaffle iron. Top with 2 tablespoons of the baked beans and about 1 tablespoon of the bacon and make a hole in the mixture.
- Break an egg into the hole and sprinkle cheese over. Close up with another slice of bread, butter side up. Close the jaffle iron and cut off the bread sticking out.
- Toast over the braai or on medium heat for about 5 minutes each side until golden and the egg is cooked. Repeat with the rest. Serve with basil and sweet chilli sauce.
Chefs tip: Jaffle pans are available at hardware and baking stores. You can also use a snackwich pan.