Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- pinch salt
- 8 slices ALBANY Superior White bread
- knob of butter
- 8 slices crispy streaky bacon
- handful cherry tomatoes, fried
- few basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 4 tall dariole moulds or mugs with baking paper. Beat together the eggs, cream and salt.
- Quickly dip 1 slice of ALBANY Superior White bread in the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl and press the slice into a prepared mould, so it fills up half of the mould. Add a second soaked slice of bread into the same cup, filling up the other side. Repeat with the rest. (Keep remaining egg mixture.)
- Bake the bread cups for about 25 minutes until light golden and toasted, but still a little moist. Cool slightly in the moulds before gently removing them with a knife.
- Heat the butter on medium high and fry the remaining egg mixture, stirring, for about 3 minutes until cooked. Spoon the scrambled eggs, bacon and tomatoes into the cups. Top with basil.