By: Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 7 – 8
- 6 SPAR Freshline Hot Cross Buns, halved
- ½ cup SPAR Margarine, softened
- 1 cup SPAR Mixed Fruit Jam
- 1 cup SPAR Dried Cranberries or SPAR Raisins
- 4 cups SPAR Double Cream Plain Yoghurt
- 2 cups (500ml) SPAR Milk
- 3 SPAR Eggs, beaten
- ½ cup SPAR White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- SPAR Vanilla Flavoured Custard, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Spread buns with butter and jam. Arrange buns on a lightly greased baking dish and sprinkle cranberries.
- Whisk yoghurt, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Pour over buns.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes or until set.
- Serve with custard
Choose your favourite product from the five SPAR brand products and stand a chance to win a R1 000 SPAR shopping voucher. Enter here »