Did you know? Shallots are part of the onion family easily identified by their oval shape (regular onions are more round). They are also milder in taste than regular onions.
- 3kg shallot onions
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- ½ cup fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, melt the butter.
- Add the onions and fry for a few minutes before adding stock. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until stock has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chives and serve.