By: Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40–45 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled and shredded
- 2 large beetroots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 4 cups (1ℓ) chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dollop of sour cream to serve
- Bread to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add herbs, carrots, sweet potato, stock and chicken. Season well. Cover with lid and simmer for 40–45 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Add lentils.
- Serve cold with cream and bread.