- 1kg beef fillet steak
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- ½ cup English mustard
- 6 Parma ham slices
- 1 rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Vegetables to serve
- Gravy to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil and butter in saucepan. Fry steak briefly at high temperature for 3–5 minutes each side. Remove from pan and cool.
- Put mushrooms and herbs in pan. Cook until soft. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Add mustard and mix well.
- Spread onto beef. Wrap beef with ham slices.
- Roll out pastry and wrap around beef. Brush with egg. Place into an oven tray and bake for 30–35 minutes, until pastry is golden.
- Serve with vegetables and gravy.