This mouth-watering beef stew mixed with kale is the perfect meal for a cosy Saturday night in.
Beef Stew mixed with Kale
Nyama Nemuriwo (Beef Stew mixed with Kale)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups beef stew, cubed
- 2 bundle fresh kale, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Rajah Medium Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) beef stock
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Sandza, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat oil and fry beef for 13–15 minutes or until browned.
- Add kale, onion, garlic, tomatoes, Rajah Medium Curry Powder, paste, leek and carrots. Pour in stock and cover with a lid. Cook for 40–45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with sandza and lime wedges.