Make this delectable beef steak in beer marinade meal. Our Food Editor Ntwenhle Gcabashe shows you how to whip it up in just under an hour! Pictures Dylan Swart
Beef Steak in Beer Marinade
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 beef steaks
- 1 cup (250ml) beer
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Sautéed green beans, for serving
- Chopped thyme leaves, for serving
- Monkey gland sauce, for serving
SEE ALSO: Beer-marinated Steak
1. Place steaks in a mixing bowl.2. In a jug, whisk beer, oil, soya sauce, honey and thyme.3. Add garlic, and pour over meat. Season with salt and pepper.
Marinate for 30–45 minutes.
4. Heat griddle pan. Fry meat for 8–10 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with green beans, thyme leaves and monkey gland sauce.