Risotto is a rich and creamy, traditional Italian rice dish. Arborio rice is usually used when making risotto.
BEANS AND MUSHROOM ‘RISOTTO’
- 8-9 cups chickpeas
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 kg rice
- 4 cups (1 litre) stock
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated.
- Soak the beans overnight. Rinse with cold water and cook for 3 hours or until soft.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic.
- Add mushrooms, rice, stock and cream. Cover with a lid and reduce heat. Cook until rice is done.
- Simmer slowly for 10 minutes. Add the beans and cheese. Cook for further 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.