Try something new with this cheesy beans and pap dish by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups cooked pap
- 3 cups cooked sugar beans
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- In a large pan, heat oil and fry onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add curry powder, tomatoes and paste. Cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Add beans and cover pan with a lid. Cook for 15–20 minutes or until sauce is reduced.
- Transfer into a baking dish. Top with pap and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden.