Struggling to get your loves ones to eat spinach? This baked spinach recipe by our Food Editor Ntwehle Gcabashe will have them asking for seconds and thirds! Pictures Dylan Swart
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 cups (750ml) cheese sauce (make your own or use store-bought)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the spinach and vegetables and fry for 15–20 minutes and until the spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the spinach mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Spoon over the cheese sauce and sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 20–25minutes or until golden, and serve.