Asian Marinated Stir-fried Beef
With lightly crunchy baby vegetables, mushrooms and peppers
- 500 g Rump steak, thin strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ Cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Red chilli pepper, seeded and
- fi nely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed
- lime juice (1 – 2 limes)
- 2 Tablespoons Flora Regular
- 2 Cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500 g Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g Snow peas, sliced in half
- length ways
- 250 g Baby corn, sliced into
- 4 lengthways
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Preparation (6 – 8 servings)
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chilli pepper, sugar and lime juice until the sugar is dissolved. Add the beef, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a large wok over medium-high heat, heat the Flora Regular, add the beef and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the wok and set aside. Allow the liquid in the pan to reduce until thickened – about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and spring onions and cook 1 minute more. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 – 3 minutes more. Add the snow peas, baby corn and bell pepper and continue cooking until all the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Return the beef to the wok and toss to combine.
- Serve with noodles or basmati rice.