If you haven’t tried a sheet mask yet, you need to do so ASAP! This skincare staple is drenched in nutrient-packed serums ready to nourish your skin.
If you’ve been struggling to apply your mask properly, follow this 3-step guide to applying sheet masks:
Step 1. Cleanse your face to prep your skin, so that you start with a clean base.
Step 2. Don’t forget to tone the skin. Toners are effective at balancing the pH level and removing any remains of the debris left by your cleanser.
Step 3. Timing is everything. Unfold your mask and put it on your face for 20 minutes. Remove and pat the remaining serum into your skin. If you leave the mask on for too long and it dries out, it will suck moisture out of your skin. Don’t remove the excess product with a towel; rather use it on your neck and hands.
Beauty editor’s tip: If the sheet mask is watery, then you need to moisturise afterwards. But if it is thick, there is no need to follow up with a moisturiser.
Recommended sheet masks:
1. Sorbet Mineral Hydrogel Sheet Mask, R69
2. Dermactin-TS PORE REFINING Facial Sheet Mask, R49,95
3. Freeman feeling beautiful DEEP CLEARING tea tree + blackberry sheet mask, R49
SEE ALSO: DIY charcoal mask
4. POND’S Firming Serum Mask, R49
5. Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask, R49,95
6. W-BEAUTY Blemish Control Sheet Mask, R55