Social media was buzzing yesterday when it was announced that a star-studded lineup including Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Ed Sheeran, Oprah and other showbiz megastars will be onstage at the FNB Stadium in Jozi in December to honour the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s birth.
And there was even more excitement when it was announced that tickets are FREE!
Of the 100 000 tickets to be released, 70 000 will be FREE, BUT… you’re going to have to do some (online) work to earn your precious ticket.
A massive concert ticket lotto that you enter by helping others
What this means is that you will have to join campaigns that demand action from world leaders to eradicate extreme poverty by becoming a Global Citizen.
The more campaigns you join – by emailing, and posting on social media, the more entries you get into the tickey lottery – and the greater your chance of getting a ticket.
Sign up now: download the app for early access
Sign up now and be one of the first to know how you can earn your free tickets – starting 21 August – to the Global Citizen Festival Mandela 100.
1. Download the Global Citizen app (free from the Android and Apple stores) and sign up.
2. Recruit friends and family to earn more points.
3. Select the global issues that matter to you: education, the environment, girls and women issues, health, finance and innovation (or choose all six!)
4. Choose your favourite reward categories: Music, sports, festivals etc.
5. Earn points by taking pledges, tweeting, etc., to put pressure on world leaders to make changes in areas you feel passionate about.
6. Once you’ve earned a certain number of points, (starting 21 August) you’ll be given opportunities to enter competitions to win free tickets to the Global Citizen Festival Mandela 100
The post How to start earning points to see Beyoncé live at the Global Citizen Festival Mandela 100 appeared first on All4Women.