Braids and cornrows are not only a great summer hairdo, but they’re also great protective hairstyles when done right. Braids have been adorned with decorative baubles and beads for centuries and it’s a growing trend this year.
Scroll down for gorgeous beaded braid styles to serve as inspiration the next time you head to the salon.
1. Just a little flourish. A few well-placed silver or gold cuffs and beads add flair to an already gorgeous braided look.
2. Embellished updo. A great braided updo can be taken to new heights with a handful of shells.
3. Switch it up. This braider decided to go for chunky cornrows in the opposite direction they are usually done and weaved in tiny white and clear beads for an ethereal look.
4. Beaded bangs. Look just like a modern-day Cleopatra with the beaded braid bangs look.
5. Beaded bob. Add beads to your bob braids for a little drama.
6. Cuff crazy. Let Alicia Keys inspire you with this simple style: a set of chunky cornrows with strands of unbraided hair sectioned with gold cuffs.
7. Blonde bombshell. Your beaded braids don’t have to be black. A brown braided look with clear and brown beads also works really well.
8. Halo braid. The braided halo or modern twist on the milkmaid braid isn’t exclusive to festivals. With just a few golden cuffs along the crown, this look is can be worn anywhere – it’s elegant enough for a special occasion but casual.
• ___________M O N S L A Y____________• I’m alive. Motivation. Determined. And ready to slay the day! To do list: – pray – count my blessings – practice kindness – let go of what I can’t control – listen to my heart – be productive, yet calm – just breath Happy Monday yol! ? #mondaymotivation #sunkissed #passion #persistence #love #happydays #anniversarylunch ??❤️ ?: by @mr_mananga